Adjunct Faculty - Media Arts and Animation - 2D
Division: The Art Institutes
Minimum Education Required: Master's Degree
Location: Art Institute of Atlanta Atlanta, GA 30328-1649, US
Open Date: 04/18/2013
Travel Required: 0 - 20%
Brief Overview of Selected Key Job Elements: This position requires you to develop and teach courses in 2D animation using Adobe Flash and/or ToonBoom, pre-production drawing and other related courses as assigned by the Department Chair.
- An MA in Computer Art, Fine Art or Animation is required, an MFA will receive preference.
- hree years of professional experience in the industry and/or teaching experience at the college level is preferred.
- Must be proficient in all contemporary Animation/Graphic Design industry hardware and software techniques.
- Must be able to teach a variety of contemporary Animation/Graphic Design-related courses.
- Must demonstrate strong written communication and oral presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and proven effectiveness as a member of a team.
Brief Overview of selected Key Job Elements:
- Teach courses each quarter as designated by the Media Arts and Animation Department Chair.
- Maintain office hours.
- Participate in ongoing student advising and portfolio advising.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Participate in curriculum development as requested by the academic director
Work Environment & NoticeWork Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.