Location: Atlanta GA US 30309
Job Type: Part Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: Masters Degree
Category: Education, Training, and Library
Job Description: Westwood College in Georgia, Midtown campus is looking for Adjunct Faculty to teach Animation. The requirements are listed below:
- Graduate Degree or higher in Animation or,
- Graduate Degree and at least 18 semester or 27 quarter credit graduate hours in Animation
- Documented work experience 3-5 years within the past ten years in related field
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all assigned classes and hours as determined with class assignments.
- Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration labs, and projects. Course outlines and syllabi must be given to students at the beginning of each course, setting objectives that outline multiple teaching strategies, student activities and evaluation of student learning.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable sequence covering all objectives as outlined in the course syllabus and lesson guides.
- Handle classroom routines which includes but not limited to the following:
- Start and end class on time
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Administer rules consistently and fairly
- Establish and maintain classroom management
- Return tests, labs and homework in a timely manner
- Use appropriate assessment tools that includes but are not limited to the following:
- Select, develop and use informal and formal techniques or instruments to measure student learning, modifying teaching strategies if needed.
- Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance, grades and Student Action Reports.
- Submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives; work with the Program Chair to access resources for the student, such as tutoring or other resources.
- Maintain expertise and technical competence in applicable field of study. Maintain all certifications and satisfy all requirements of the professional development plan.
- Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official functions as specified by the program chair or the Academic Dean.
- Adhere to published college guidelines in all matters concerning dress code.
- All Faculty Members are required to participate in Faculty Orientation, attend Westwood’s Excellence in Teaching Series and Practical Tools for Transformative Teaching (PT3) and participate in ongoing in-service and professional development activities.
- Adhere to all college policies and procedures as outlined in the Faculty handbook and on My Westwood.
- Performs any other duties, as assigned.
At the time of hiring Westwood College, faculty and education department managers are required to hold a completed graduate degree, in the subject matter for which they are being hired, from a U.S. regionally or nationally accredited university. In addition, state licensing and national accrediting criteria apply. Faculty with international credentials are required to present an official U.S. degree evaluation by a NACES or AICE recognized evaluation agency.
- Appropriate technical certification (if required)
- Significant and appropriate professional work experience
- Teaching experience preferred
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Our Company is committed to serving a diverse multicultural body of students in an atmosphere that promotes pride, respect and teamwork. To our campuses and campus communities, we commit to recruit an experienced and qualified faculty and staff who are reflective of the infinitely varied human talent available. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
-No agencies or phone calls